Friday, January 22, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to Spring Run Vineyards!
My name is Matt Houck and I started dabbling in winemaking about 7 years ago. Well needless to say, I was addicted so in 2005 I planted my first vines.

In 2007 I entered the Winemaking Certificate Program at UC Davis and later that Fall we started clearing 3 acres. Over the past few years I have been buying grapes of different varieties and experimenting with fruit wines along with Mead (Honey wine). Also in 2007, I entered the State Fair amateur wine competition at a 2nd attempt to try and place. I won 1st and 3rd and followed it up in 2008 with a 2nd and 3rd.

My intentions for using Facebook is to promote my blog which will document my winery and vineyard activities...and on occasion share some photos and wine discussion. So remember, I am NOT selling anything, this is just a documentary of my hobby.

I hope some day to go pro but for now I’m just having fun with it. Maybe one day I’ll have a tasting for all the Spring Run Vineyard Facebook fans.

So enjoy your favorite glass of vino while reading about my progress.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment